One of the lingering frustration’s for power-driver’s is the need to wait on batteries to charge. With nitro’s, you might let the engine cool a little between fill-ups and go again in a matter of a few minutes; you could easily put 3 or 4 tanks of fuel through a nitro before a battery charges in an electric.
Batteries are to r/c today what nitro was to r/c a few years ago; it’s an essential part of the hobby as every major manufacturer offers NiMH or LiPo powered vehicles. And just as it’s important to understand handling, care and precautions of nitro, so too is it important with r/c batteries.
Unfortunately, it’s not always been as simple as plugging in your cell phone or laptop computer, but Traxxas aims to shrink the learning curve with the EZ-Peak iD Charger and batteries. Exclusive to the Traxxas High-Current Connector, this charger allows basic plug-n-play action and more advanced user features. And if you opt for the EZ-Peak Dual, you can keep up with the nitro guy’s drive-time by always having a pack charged.
- 100-Watt output
- Recognizes Traxxas iD batteries to automatically program and optimize charger settings
- Charge a NiMH and LiPo at the same time
- Charge progress indicator
- Optimized for faster LiPo balance charging
- One button LiPo storage charge protects your battery investment
- Advanced high-resolution peak detection delivers a perfect charge
- Easy to use interface
- Audible alerts
- Built-in cooling fan
- Advanced Mode for full manual control of charger settings
- Legacy support for all Traxxas High-Current Connectors
- Built-in balance ports for conventional LiPo batteries
- Charges 5-8-cell NiMH batteries
- Charges 2S and 3S LiPo batteries
A while back, Traxxas introduced iD (Auto Battery Identification), which got rid of the balance boards completely. I’ve been using the EZ-Peak Plus and EZ-Peak Dual charger’s for nearly a year as I have several Traxxas battery packs.
When used with Traxxas ID batteries and their integrated balance leads, the EZ-Peak Plus charger automatically detects the battery type and only requires one button to charge; the EZ-Peak Plus handles everything. And if you have more than one battery, you can double up simultaneously with the EZ-Peak Dual charger.
Traxxas also didn’t forget about the older technology and allows those with the balance connector the option of charging those batteries too; there is a hidden access port.
The bottom line is the EZ-Peak Plus and Dual charger’s are super simple to use, yet have advanced functionality should you choose. If you’re driving Traxxas, you should have this charger.